Initial Consultation Package  



If you are visiting Sweden to receive medical treatment and are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may need a visa. A visa is a permit to travel to and stay in a country for a limited period. To be granted a visa you need to show that you are going to receive care in Sweden and that you are unable to receive the same care in your home country.

Requirements for obtaining a visa:
If you wish to visit Sweden and the other Schengen countries, you must have

  • a passport that is valid for a minimum of three months after your visa has expired and which has been issued in the last ten-year period
  • a medical certificate from Sweden showing when you will receive your treatment and what it entails
  • a medical certificate from the country in which you are resident, showing that you cannot obtain the treatment there proof that you have deposited money in Sweden for the planned treatment and any aftercare
  • money for your keep and for the journey home. Sweden requires that you have SEK 450 for each day spent in Sweden. In certain circumstances, this amount may be lower, for example in the case of a young child, if the cost of food and accommodation is paid in advance or if you are going to stay with relatives or friends. You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for your keep with the help, for example, of bank statements or a document in which the person inviting you to Sweden promises to meet all expenses during the visit
  • individual medical travel insurance which covers the costs which could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalisation or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid in all the Schengen countries.

Visiting relatives or friends for longer than 90 days:
If you want to visit Sweden for a period longer than 90 days, you must apply for a visitor's permit instead of an entry visa.
Requirements for visitor's permits:
To get a permit you must

  • have received an invitation from the person you intend to visit
  • be able to provide for yourself for the duration of your stay in Sweden
  • have a passport that is valid for at least three months after the last date of your visit
  • have a return ticket or the money to buy one.
  • A visitor's permit is usually valid for no more than six months, or up to one year. This permit is only valid for a visit, and you may not work or take up residence in Sweden

Want to know more?

Let our capable consultants’ at Avisa4you advice you.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION! Use our instant chat link, or send your questions via our contact us link, or use our free assessment questionnaire. Better yet, call us for a free initial consultation on + 4550162553